Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Here We Go Again


It turns out, I'm an attention hog, and I must not be getting enough.
This is my Facebook post from Oct. 29.

Remember how I graduated from the cancer center last month?  Well, I guess I'm going back. Last week, I developed a lump in my right armpit- it started as a strange stiffness that I thought maybe was lymphedema about 2 weeks ago- well, it progressed to a lump and it grew really fast. So Friday afternoon I had an ultrasound and a biopsy done, and today I got the unwelcome news that there were breast cancer cells in the biopsy. There was one very enlarged lymph node and a second that was looking weird.
The next step is a full body scan to find out if it has progressed to any other parts of my body. It is REALLY important that this scan comes back to show that it is completely localized. I can't even begin to think about what it means if I have it anywhere else. So that's where I'm asking all prayers to be centered right now. Hopefully that scan will be scheduled in the next few days. They will for sure do surgery before Thanksgiving to remove a whole section of lymph nodes, which puts me at a greater risk for lymphedema for the rest of my life.  Blech.
That's all I know for now. I would appreciate prayers for peace (anxiety is skyrocketing right now), for my kids, Xander & Maia and my husband Matt. My mom (Marilyn ) and step-dad (James R Lofflin) left to snow-bird in Arizona on Saturday. My dad (David Eitemiller) has his hands full caring for my step-mother full time. This is really hard for everyone around me because we all feel so helpless.
I'll fill you all in as I know more. You know I don't keep this stuff to myself. Writing about it helps me process my feelings, and I like the attention er... love and support. 
This song is my anthem right now. "Take courage, my heart. Be steadfast, my soul. He's in the waiting." The not-knowing is the hardest part. We'll get through this. Just wish we didn't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment