Monday, July 3, 2023

TOTAL BRAIN RADIATION!!!!

 

This is definitely the vibe you get when you hear the words, 
TOTAL BRAIN RADIATION.

In reality: here are the images I come away with

I see and smell these colors in phase 1….
I don’t know if I really smell clean chlorine, but I want to, so I do.

“directive”
It’s a whole system…
“You are so pretty… 
we love you and will do our job and take care of you!”


The radiologist does TRIGONOMETRY. 
“You’re fine.”

They made a mask for me to wear every time:
Today at the end of treaments they asked if I wanted to keep it. 
I took a hard pass on that one, thanks.


They clip it to the table, and you don’t move. I did this every weekday morning for 10 days. 
My process involved 3 phases, so I didn’t move for about 45 minutes. 
For me, this was as easy of a choice as: Don’t move during LASIK. 
It’s your brain for the rest of your life. Don’t screw around. 

Some observations: My larynx feels weirdly not in the right place after all this, so swallowing is a little weird. The radiologist says he didn’t touch it, and whatever I’m feeling is temporary. So, I will gently swallow my throat into a normal feeling, I guess. 

I’ve been able to think clearly during the whole process. There was no Napalm. There is no generalized brain fog. I get tired sometimes, which is boring and dumb and I don’t like having LOW ENERGY. 
I think they shot me with some kind of boring laser. 

So today was the last day of radiation. I rang the bell in their office because I’m done with them for the time being. It’s the end of one chapter.

Yes, I’m very festively dressed. Did you expect anything different? 
It’s the week of July 4. I shall dress accordingly. 

Next, I rest for a week (woo, my favorite.) Then on Friday, July 14, I start a new chemo called Doxil, or “the Red Devil.” so that’s nice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment